Founded in 1970, Annese & Associates, Inc. designs, installs, maintains, and services networks that integrate voice, video, and data to reduce operating costs and increase productivity for schools, government agencies, and commercial businesses in New York and New England.Our Mission is to provide an excellent customer experience as we meet our clients' evolving business needs through comprehensive, industry-leading technology solutions delivered by a caring and talented team.
Title: Solutions Architect (Data Center)
Reports To: Practice Manager (Data Center)
Location: Syracuse, NY
A Solutions Architect has highest very high level of pre-sales technical competence on the team in chosen discipline. Individual contributor with team responsibilities for technical advocacy. Usually works across multiple projects at a time providing the technical vision during the development phase of a project.
Develops technical solutions and presales deliverables in partnership with sales to address client and prospect needs relative to the practice area. Delivers well defined business value to prospects and clients through the presales process and drives the highest possible level of Annese branded service attach and gross profit and margin percentage potential for the company.
- Follow Annese standardized processes and procedures for solution design and implementation.
- Follow standardized processes and procedures and provides input to improve same.
- Provide pre-sales technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Deliver proof-of-concept engagements.
- Responsible for data collection during the pre-sales phase of the project.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment managing a range of customers and technical situations.
- Identify customer needs and design detailed solutions to address those needs.
- Ocassionally provide hands on installation and support (as well as remote, phone and email).
- Complete pre-sales project deliverables thoroughly and on-time, including proposals, quotes, bills of material, statements of work and relevant reports.
- Design client Data Center and Virtualization solutions from simple environments to complex multi-site enterprises.
- Attend pre-sales appointments on-time, for full duration, with focus on providing quality client service.
- Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
- Proactive calendar management with the PMO.
- Keep accurate, timely and thorough client site documentation.
- Meet with colleagues, managers and account managers regarding account status, ongoing issues and opportunities.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
- Professional Appearance as outlined in the Annese handbook.
- Off hour work and overnight travel may be required.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with customers, vendors and staff.
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of Annese & Associates, Inc.
- VMWare VCAx-DT, VCP or Citrix CCA preferred
- Three to five years experience in the implementation, design, and/or maintenance of virtualized environments utilizing Citrix and VMware products and can implement and support Citrix and VMware server and desktop virtualization solutions.
- Has experience/education in most of the products that Annese installs along with an in depth knowledge of some of these products including Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus, NetApp, Dell EqualLogic, Dell Compellent, and EMC VNX.
- Can design FC and iSCSI SAN configurations.
- Can discuss and support Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 desktop image configuration and tuning.
- Is well versed in intermediate level router design and configurations, Layer 2 & 3 switch configurations, firewall/VPN security, as well as wireless systems, and works with Annese colleagues or vendor TAC for assistance.
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer facing skills, and a can-do attitude are required.
- Excellent customer service and customer management skills.
- Strong technical leadership is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position works in a typical work environment.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Annese & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.