Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
The Principal Software Engineer - API plays a critical role creating API strategy, architecture, and building APIs/SDKs. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of engineering high-performance APIs. This role will create both internal APIs that communicate with mobile devices as well as external facing APIs used by customers, and partners to retrieve data from the Crittercism platform.
The Crittercism service currently handles over 30k requests/second and supports over 30,000 mobile apps across 600,000,000 devices, and is growing quickly.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure that Crittercism maintains the optimal API strategies, standards and best practices
- Collaborate with product owners to develop both private and public APIs
- Contribute to SDK development
- 4+Minimum of four years of engineering experience, building public and private developer-facing APIs from design through launch in scalable solutions
- Deep experience in API design best practices, including high-value, flexibility, business alignment, well managed and easily supported
- Proficient in various protocols and data formats, including REST, JSON and XML
- Expertise with security, including OAuth and SSL
- Knowledge of API performance optimization
- Proficient in API versioning, key management, monitoring, scaling, and rate limiting
- Experience in creating code samples and sample apps
- Results driven, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, energetic team environment
- Strong verbal and written skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent in work experience.
Crittercism, based in San Francisco, California, is the company behind the world’s first mobile application performance management (mAPM) solution. The company’s flagship product, Fathom Mobile Command, monitors every aspect of mobile app performance, allowing Developers, IT Operations and Product Managers to deliver high performing, highly reliable, highly resourceful mobile apps. Crittercism provides a real-time global view of app diagnostics across iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, Hybrid and HTML5 apps and is used on more than 500 million unique devices and in more than 50 billion app sessions. The company’s investors include Google Ventures, Opus Capital and Shasta Ventures. Learn more @crittercism and www.crittercism.com .