Location : Corona,CA
Contract: 6 to 12 months
The vCenter Operations (vCOps) Principal Consultant will be a key participant in ensuring the successful deployment of the Analytics and Automation project. This includes various aspects of the service lifecycle such as Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. The Analytics and Automation project consists of technologies such as VMware’s vCenter Operations Manager (vCOps), various monitoring tools, Windows Servers, SQL Servers and Windows 7 desktops.
Day-to-Day Operational Services:
- Participate in various aspects of the project which can include coordinating project tasks, execution of tasks and technical support of the deployed solutions
- Provide guidance and expertise to junior members of the project and support team
- Drive complex technical issues to resolutions
- Develop and implement technical solutions to address requirements
- Construct and present status reports with their corresponding KPIs
- Be able to work flexible hours - maintenance and installation work is usually performed outside of regular working hours.
- Work from the Corona facility five days a week
- 15+ yrs experience within infrastructure management specializing in the systems management/monitoring area.
- 5+yrs in a management position or project management
- Incredibly technical with the ability to be a forward thinker and the capability to communicate the right message at the right level to executive management
- Strong working knowledge/experience with VMware’s vCenter Operations Manager.
- Familiar with the following monitoring products: Tivoli Monitoring and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Knowledge and experience working with UNIX and Windows Operating Systems
- A solid understanding of Databases and Middleware components
- Project/Program Management Experience
- Experience with the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Project)
- A well-organized individual with attention to details and the eagerness to take accountability
- Highly motivated, self-starting and committed to achieving results with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both orally and written
Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision