A Technical Lead is a hands-on development engineer who is comfortable coding 50% of their day while also overseeing the daily work of the development team. This includes providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
- Lead the development of mobile apps for the Android platform
- Participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts
- Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
- Work with Release Engineering team in app deployment activities
- Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years as a technical lead with deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps
- 5+ years of broad knowledge of Java, Eclipse and other IDE tools
- An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
- Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications
- Experience integrating with RESTful API backends
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
- Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4x a yr.