Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant and Catherines! The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a commongoal—We make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best! At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
What you'll do:
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is a member of the Application Services team reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance or the QA Analyst Technical Lead. This position is responsible for the analysis and technical testing and problem/defect management of applications and systems integrations. This person will have experience using testing tools, able to define, develop and implement testing scripts and techniques. This person must possess the skills necessary to participate in the execution of testing services, and enforce testing standards and policies. He/she must be effective in working with the IT management and subordinates, vendors and peers. He/she must have skills in the testing of a wide variety of both packaged, modified packages, and custom-built applications and integration solutions. He/she must have the business qualifications to be involved testing development and deployment, including execution, documentation, and reporting. Must have the skills to diagnose issues, report those issues to the appropriate party. He/She must be able to both recognize and help exploit business opportunities and be actively involved in maintaining tools technology currency. Position must be able to operate multiple testing solutions/scenarios concurrently, document and report defects to the appropriate leaders, and be an active participant in the applications solution delivery process.
- Work closely with the Architecture teams, Application Services teams, Integration teams, Quality Assurance teams, and infrastructure teams to deliver fully tested solutions ready for production use
- Record, report/document, and manage defect solutions using appropriate tools
- Work closely with the vendors to keep abreast of current product developments and enhancements
- Deliver status reporting of engagements
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A minimum of four (4) years experience in a distributed, multicultural workforce
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in business analysis
- A minimum three (3) years of application testing experience using appropriate tools
- Experience in testing complex, scalable and high performance solutions from requirements to production
- Ability to write solid documentation that supports the testing effort
- Experience creating, organizing and executing test cases through a common tool or set of tools
- Ability to diagnose potential problems and solutions during the testing process
- Working with peer application management, insure a fully tested solution that is fit for production use
- Sound customer relations skills and the ability to work with demanding clients
- Desired: Previous experience with HP Quality Center
- Desired: Previous experience with Test Automation
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Bachelors Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An MBA or MS degree is preferred, but not required.