Senior WebSphere UI Developer, Sales and Marketing Systems-INF0006311
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
This Senior UI Developer role requires a deep experience in UI and software development, an ability to apply creative thinking to UI design, and a solid history of meeting the needs of demanding customers. UI Developers will work independently and under the direction of more senior IT architects and team leads while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. This person may also be called upon to lead a team of more junior developers.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated software development experience
- Expert knowledge of UI design, workflow, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in WebSphere Commerce UI Design
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in HTML, CSS and XML
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in responsive UI design and at least one UI framework (ie. Dojo, jQuery)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in one IDE (ie. Eclipse)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a global team
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Experience with WebSphere Commerce products and sub-products (ie. WebSphere Portal)
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
- Experience in HTML5 and compatible frameworks (ie. Kendo)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in MVC framework pattern and other Design Patterns
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!