Our client is a global nonprofit that works very closely with the government and DoD. They are looking for an extremely hands on, technical infosec professional to manage their small Information Security Operations Center. The position reports directly to the CISO and works closely with the head of Enterprise Architecture.
This person will manage a team responsible for maintaining security filters, files, and tools, as well as for monitoring the network for any attempts from intruders to steal company or government sensitive data. They are the first do detect intrusions and initiate responses.
· Manage and implement information security strategy including operations and network monitoring
· Lead IT security projects and evaluate all security controls
· Manage security for highly sensitive information related to DoD and other government agencies
· Manage information security budgets
· Work with several departments across the organization including business units, to assess IT risk management and establish policy
· Security incident management and response
· 10-15+ years of IT / information security experience
· Bachelor’s degree required; certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM highly desirable
· Outstanding written and verbal communication
· Ability to work and communicate with several departments throughout the organization
· Deep understanding of network security, architecture, and tools