Strongbridge is seeking a Senior C++ Developer / Analyst to work in our Memphis, TN location. This position requires the ability to obtain/maintain a Public Trust Clearance. Additional requirements include: US Citizen OR Permanent Resident and must have been living and working in the US for the past FIVE FULL YEARS.
Design, modifies, develop, writes, test, troubleshoot and implement software programming applications and enhancements to data systems with high transaction volumes and large data structures. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. May report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Performing software development involving the integration of multiple enterprise platforms and data systems into a cohesive analytical database solution.
• Performs Unit, System Integration and Customer Acceptance Testing.
• Work effectively with multiple team members in diverse roles to develop and enhance applications and systems.
• Develops data processing and ETL components on distributed database systems.
• Develops communications and API components for data and systems integration using socket-layer protocols, MQ, and common data formats (ASCII text, XML).
• Supports new and existing applications.
• Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience in the following: 4-5 years experience with C++, MQ, OCI, Oracle SQL, experience with UNIX Scripting (Perl is preferred)
• 5 years’ experience with data systems with high transaction volumes and large data structures
• Experience with code repository tool
• Experience with these platforms and development tools: PL/SQL, Oracle TimesTen Classes, SUSE Linux, Shell scripting (Perl Scripting preferred or, ksh, or bash or awk)
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Adept at planning and organization
• Self-motivated and quick, adaptive learner
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Position located at client site in Memphis, TN
Headquartered in Sterling, Va., Strongbridge is a certified Woman-owned (WOSB) and Economically-Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) Federal Government service provider. Strongbridge has extensive experience and knowledge in systems engineering, IT services, strategic communications and program support. Strongbridge is financially secure and a trusted partner that treats our customers, partners and employees with integrity and respect.
What Sets Strongbridge Apart
Strongbridge is a robust and agile small business led by seasoned government contracting executives with the quality processes and management controls of a large business. Our program management processes and techniques are based on industry best practices, and certified by external auditors, ensuring low performance risk. Strongbridge has a proven record of customer satisfaction that provides assurance to our customers of future high performance.
Strongbridge offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including: paid time off, paid holidays, 401k with company match, health/dental/life insurance/short and long term disability and flexible spending accounts.
Strongbridge Corporation is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EOE/AA/M/F/VET/DISABILITY). Strongbridge embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, color, religion, sex, nation origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. Strongbridge also maintains a drug-free workplace.