- Prepare software requirements data model, user interface and prototypes for translation into structured applications. Research, analyze and propose program-specific business rules used in system with the necessary interfaces into other systems or across platforms. Help formulate and define scope and objectives with Division staff.
- Conduct systems design analysis and prepare systems user interface and user experience designs that are scalable, adhere to standards, practice reuse, ensure fail-safe integration of programs into a production systems, and adhere to the enterprise technology model and application standards.
- Code, debug, unit test, systems integration test and document applications and enhancements including, but not limited to screens, reports, underlying logic and interface components on assigned tasks.
- Devise, modify and tune procedures and system features to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, user load and performance requirements against desired results.
- Assume responsibility for ongoing technical maintenance and support for assigned applications. Analyze, debug and revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Assist database administrators, data stewards, quality assurance team and other staff in ways to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and privacy
- Assist in the development and adherence of User Interface look / feel, schemes and layouts
- Assist in defining required tasks, estimating durations for tasks, deliverables and activities.
- Meet deadlines and formally report progress regularly to IT Management against assigned tasks.
- Adhere to organizational policies, standards and best practices in application development, documentation, and maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise and actively participate in creating systems development, software, hardware, and application development standards, procedures and policies
- Experience in requirements gathering, requirements analysis, business process analysis, object-oriented analysis and data modeling for Web-based applications is required.
- Experience with Single-page Application (SPA), ExtJS and AngularJS are preferred.
- 2+ years experience in either Cold Fusion (CF5), Java, PL/SQL and/or PHP are required: experience in more than 1 highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills