Gridstore was founded 4 years ago and is a 50 person company in the high growth Software Defined Storage sector. We're still small enough where you can make a big impact each day. Gridstore’s unique storage product line helps Microsoft virtualization customers improve their application performance by 2-5X. Our modular,“grid” storage approach is a unique, patented software architecture that allows customers to buy as they grow and scale to 3 Petabytes of data or greater. Our storage is optimized for companies with Microsoft Hyper-V and physical server environments. Today, Microsoft owns 25% of the server virtualization market and is expected to increase this share by 15-20 % a year.
Work on optimized storage for Windows Servers and Hyper-V that accelerates application I/O. Our product uses patented Server-side Virtual Controller Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender. Experience implementation of unique parallel programming technologies, advanced storage concepts and application to virtualization systems. Test unique architectures and take part in the Hyper-Convergence trend in IT virtualization.
We are seeking a senior software QA engineer to work on the test of Gridstore’s Virtual Controller and embedded storage nodes. Specifically, we need a strong talent in Microsoft technology including Clustering, System Center, both VMM and Operations Manager. This is a key position requiring hands-on technical capability to join our Quality team.
- Design, document, code and execute test plans against Gridstore products
- Design, document, code and execute test automation strategies
- Configure and maintain test automation environment
- Provide regular reporting and metrics for constant improvement.
- Participate in product requirements and other documentation reviews to extract test scenarios
- Create scripts, test sequences and manual procedures to ensure proper coverage.
- Work closely with Development and other organizations in the company to promote software quality standards
- Work closely with Customer Support to replicate customer issues and product field use cases
Required skill sets:
- BS in Computer Science required at a minimum
- Knowledge of best practices for the Software Development Life Cycle
- Broad experience designing and maintaining automated tests for whitebox, blackbox testing, preferably for storage. 5+ years experience.
- Specific in-depth experience using Microsoft Server 2102 System Center, Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) and Operations Manager [SC-OM]. Please do not apply without this experience
- Strong understanding of failover clustering and Microsoft Clustered Shared Volumes [CSV]
- Basic practical experience with C
- Excellent experience with Perl, Python or TCL and automation concepts
- Experience with standard software tools for source code management, test case management and defect tracking
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong desire to continually improve process
- Able to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to interact creatively and achieve results in a dynamic small company environment