- Design and support existing features and services in Perl for our extremely high-volume application.
- Troubleshoot application issues as they arise, providing possible solutions along with risk assessment as appropriate.
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
- BS in Computer Science or higher.
- 5 years professional development experience, with 3+ years’ experience LAMP development with Perl.
- Extensive database design and programming skills (Postgres a plus).
- Experience in loading large volume of XML data into a database.
- Experience with Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) a plus.
- Practical working knowledge of at least 1 other language (Java preferred).
- Thorough understanding and practical application of OO concepts and design patterns.
- Expert level debugging and profiling skills, both at the application and systems level.
- Experience with CVS, Subversion or other revision control system.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with ability to explain technical design, concepts and risks to both developers and non-developers alike.
- Proven track record of delivering high impact, complex projects on time with an extremely low defect rate.
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks (wireless) a plus.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.