About This Job \
Our mobile developers collaborate in small teams and also work independently on projects that take just hours or days to complete, the results of which are viewed by millions. As we continue to grow, so do the challenges of maintaining our platform on an ever-increasing scale. Being able to think through problems and generate ideas quickly is what separates job applicants from hires.
As a Sr. iOS Architect you will create mobile applications for one of the fastest growing social networking sites with over 90 million registered users, internationally. Our social platform is based on the latest open source technology utilizing Postgres, Apache, PHP, and RabbitMQ. Our mobile implementation is fully native with a focus on performance, usability, and code quality.
If you have Objective-C / iOS programming experience, and are passionate about building great products: we want to talk with you! We are very interested in what you have already created, so when you apply, please include links to applications you have developed and published!
Responsibilities As a Sr. iOS Architect you will be responsible for ensuring a quality product by not only delivering amazing products for our users through writing code, but also by participating in peer code reviews. You will have the satisfaction of working directly with product managers, designers, QA analysts, and project managers to devise new products and ideas, including network-based applications. As with any other person on our team, our developers are always thinking of and suggesting ways to make us better in every capacity (product, design, UX, office, etc).
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of iOS development experience
- SVN, Git, Mercurial, or other source control management experience
- Should be an enthusiastic proponent of quality design and user experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience optimizing, refactoring, and debugging views and layout hierarchies with a focus on pragmatic iOS layout development/design including custom themes, styles, attributes, and other resources.
- In addition to an understanding of iOS core concepts, including client-server architecture, you should have an understanding of RESTful API interaction and JSON.
- Published successful applications in Apple’s App Store and/or Google playstore -- a must
- a competitive salary
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week paid sick/personal time
- 10 paid holidays
- a paid day off on your birthday
- free gym membership to a gym conveniently located just a few doors down from our office
- catered dinner Mon – Thurs
- catered lunches every 2 weeks
- refrigerators around the office filled with endless supplies of beverages (iced tea, soda,energy drinks, juice)
- stocked kitchen with a wide variety of healthy (and indulgent) snacks!
- game room equipped with arcade games, ski ball, video games, and more!
- comfortable lounge areas with couches and pillows to relax while working
- flexible hours (work an additional hour Mon.-Thurs. and leave at 1pm on Fridays!)
- medical, dental, vision, AFLAC, life insurance and 401(k).