About This Job
As a Senior Android Architect you will be part of a team that creates mobile applications for one of the fastest growing social network with over 90 million users internationally. Our Android implementation is fully native and focuses on performance, usability, and code quality. As an Android Architect you will be not only be responsible for developing new, amazing apps for our users by writing code, but also by participating in peer code reviews, brainstorming sessions, “node” retreats, and our regular hack-a-thons. You will have the satisfaction of working directly with a team of product managers, designers, QA analysts, API developers and project managers to devise new ideas for our existing products as well as new, standalone apps. As with any other person at here Android Architects are always thinking of and suggesting ways to make us better in every way.
If you have Android programming experience and are passionate about building great products, we want to talk with you! We are very interested in what you have already created, so please include links to applications you have developed and published.
Desired Skills & Experience
● B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, equivalent work experience, or just be really awesome
● Experience creating and publishing successful app(s) to a prominent Android app store (such as Google Play Store or Amazon App Store)
● Thorough understanding of core Android concepts
● Experience building apps compatible with Android OS versions 1.6 through 4.2
● Experience optimizing, refactoring, and debugging views and layout hierarchies
● Experience in creating UIs using custom themes, styles, attributes, and resources
● Understanding of RESTful API interaction and JSON
● Git or other source control management
● Excellent communication and documentation skills
● Ability to work iteratively with Product, Design, Back-End and QA teams
● Ability to discuss and debate, as well as give and take support and challenges in a team environment
● Working understanding of agile development process - a plus