Praedicat’s software engineers don’t just develop some of the world’s most advanced software; they are revolutionizing an industry with some of the world’s most advanced analytics. Our developers are blazing trails in forward-looking, science-based risk analytics, web technologies, and human guided knowledge engineering. We are a big data startup that is growing fast and is continually pushing to discover new and better solutions. We are facing the exciting challenges associated with rapid growth, and are building a diverse team of smart and creative people who want to work on some really hard problems, including tackling big data. The large data requirements of science-based engineering require us to continually push boundaries to discover new and better solutions. Praedicat software engineers must be willing to learn any of the new languages, technologies and methodologies necessary to solve a problem, and if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, innovate as necessary.
We are looking for a strong software engineer to join our growing team in Culver City. In this role, you would be responsible for contributing to the development and architecture of upcoming software releases.
Are you ready to put your ideas into software that can change the world by making it cleaner, healthier and safer? Come join us!
- Design and build high-quality distributed software applications
- Sustain Praedicat’s high standards of source code quality, product availability, security and performance
- Participate in the development and integration of software systems over entire SDLC
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in computer science, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with agile development, SCRUM and TDD
- Passion for software development and OO Design
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assist other team members in problem solving
- Excellent teamwork and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Desire to work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, ego-free culture where talent is paramount
- Experience with C#, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, Web Services
- Design and development experience
Incentive Compensation and Benefits
Praedicat believes in a work-life balance that is supported by a competitive compensation and benefits package. All full-time regular employees are eligible for benefits such as:
- Participation in Praedicat’s Stock Incentive Plan offering equity-based incentives for employees
- Annual bonuses tied to individual and company performance
- The ability to contribute to a Praedicat-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Medical insurance coverage, with both HMO and PPO options, as well as dental and vision coverage
- Generous allotment of PTO (paid time off) and official holidays each year
Praedicat, Inc. is dedicated to improving the underwriting and management of liability catastrophe risk. Our multidisciplinary team leverages cutting-edge analytics to solve problems for clients. Our patent-pending technology delivers information extracted from scientific literatures on emerging risk. We analyze the risk with a structured approach incorporating applied legal reasoning and economics. Our analysis is focused to directly inform core business functions of liability insurers and reinsurers. Praedicat is developing a comprehensive system of software products, Litagion® Risk Management, designed to bring 21st Century science-based risk analytics to liability insurance. Praedicat was created by the RAND Corporation and Risk Management Solutions, Inc. after the two companies collaborated on research and development to improve the identification and prioritization of emerging risks using modeling and cutting-edge computer science. Praedicat is an independent corporation launched in March 2012.
Praedicat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Praedicat is determined on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.