Growing IT consulting firm with offices in Southern California, Illinois, Minnesota, and North Carolina interested in an independent contract GIS Technician, with the following skills, qualities, and experience to help expand our multi-disciplined IT Consulting practice.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Knowledge of GIS software developed by E.S.R.I.
- Knowledge of database software such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server or Oracle
- Knowledge of spatial analysis and related GIS concepts
- Knowledge of symbols and terminology used in civil engineering or architecture
- Skill in reading maps, plans and drawings such as plats or as-builts
- Skill in researching public records pertinent to GIS
- Skill in determining, calculating, tabulating or summarizing spatial data
- Skill in working under pressure of deadlines, maintaining a professional demeanor during stressful situations, and establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with employees, officials, other agencies and the general public
- Skill in making reports and keeping records
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Associates degree or equivalent course work at a technical or vocational school in geographic information systems, civil engineering or closely relate field, OR two years of technical experience in working with geographic information systems; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Municipal experience helpful
- Maintenance of City GIS systems
- Develops and maintains GIS databases and linkages
- Ensures data normalization between various databases
- Reviews spatial data supplied by outside sources such as contractors, developers and other GIS data resources to ensure relevance and accuracy with respect to identified standards and/or requirements of spatial data as required
- Conducts research, in the field and in the office, to resolve conflicting information and ensure the accuracy of geographic data; with an emphasis on address datasets
- Codes and digitizes maps and geographic feature data into layers within the GIS and performs quality control checks to ensure the integrity of the database
- Prepares and executes queries of individual electronic databases and thematic maps producing products that include, but are not limited to maps, tables, plots, charts and graphs
- Performs GIS analysis functions and modeling
- Reads and interprets source documents such as, engineering plans, plat maps, and legal descriptions
- Develops customized GIS/CAD automation tools, makes recommendations for improvements and upgrades to GIS processes, maps, software, and website.
- Writes reports, and updates tabular and spatial data using E.S.R.I. and Microsoft applications
- Contract position, possible eventual full-time
- Some travel required
- Office location: Corona, CA
- Please submit your hourly rate expectations for this position
- Recruiters please do not contact this job poster
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products, or commercial interests