Modis is seeking a well-balanced hybrid designer/front-end developer for an organization that develops an early-stage investment global platform. The ideal candidate will have experience making sharp web and mobile sites, and possess a well-rounded, visually-exceptional portfolio that includes examples of well-crafted, cleanly-coded, and elegant experiences.
Candidates will be able to conceive and execute prototypes for web experiences and applications throughout the design process, in close collaboration with the rest of the design and technical teams. This person will also be expected to work with marketing and maintain product style guides, markup coding standards and promote good markup design practices throughout the technical teams.
• Strong visual and interactive design skills – a clear grasp of typographic, layout, color, motion and behavior
• A practical, pragmatic innovator whose solutions elicit responses that justify the effort and investment
• Experience working collaboratively with members of development, design and UX teams
• Experience with HTML5 audio & video, as well as server-side languages
• Twitter Bootstrap familiarity
• Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator expertise
• Testing with RSpec, Jasmine, Cucumber
• Ruby on Rails
• Familiarity with collaborative tools (GitHub etc.)