Networked Insights is transforming the way companies make decisions by harnessing the power of real-time social and marketing data. The world’s most innovative brands leverage our groundbreaking technology, analytics and experience to generate deeper consumer understanding and business advantage. Networked Insights helps put what consumers are saying in real-time at the center of marketing activity to drive breakthrough decisions and tangible business results.
Over the past six years, Networked Insights has provided solutions to clients like GE, MillerCoors, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, Revlon, and Viacom who leverage social data to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the entire marketing lifecycle. In 2012, Networked Insights was named one of world’s 50 “Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company and was declared as “unrivaled in socially informed media planning and buying” by Forrester Research.
The Linux Administrator is tasked with ensuring an optimal systems environment, and reports into the Development Operations Lead as a key member of the Engineering team. Serious candidates will be passionate about learning new technologies and improving processes while working in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a Linux Administrator to join our Operations team. The Operations team is responsible for 24/7 monitoring and support of our hardware and software environment. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with Linux administration and will be familiar with many of the technologies used in our infrastructure as described below.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain production in multiple environments.
- Advise developers on best practices for infrastructure.
- Document tribal knowledge.
- Stay aware of new tools and techniques in operations engineering.
- Build resilient, stable, high performance distributed systems.
- Participate in on-call production support rotation
- Proficiency with most of the following: Bigdata (hadoop[cloudera], hive, elasticsearch, storm, kafka), Databases (postgres, mysql, mpp), AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, Cloudwatch), Networking (Cisco, Force10), Monitoring (nagios, graphite, MRTG), SOA (tomcat, jetty, haproxy), Systems management (foreman, puppet, git, svn), Scripting (bash, python, ruby, perl)
- Strong Linux administration skills.
- Has a get-it-done, do whatever it takes attitude.
- Willingness to learn and to support new technologies.
- Effective communication with a distributed team.
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree/work experience
- 3-5 years of Linux experience
- Java development experience is a plus.
We provide excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, and generous paid time off policy within a progressive, employee-centric culture.
We offer a competitive compensation package with opportunities for performance rewards based on company success.