Networked Insights is transforming the way companies make decisions by harnessing the power of real-time social and marketing data. The world’s most innovative brands leverage our groundbreaking technology, analytics and experience to generate deeper consumer understanding and business advantage. Networked Insights helps you put what consumers are saying in real-time at the center of marketing activity to drive breakthrough decisions and tangible business results.
Over the past six years, Networked Insights has provided solutions to clients like GE, MillerCoors, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, Revlon, and Viacom who leverage social data to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the entire marketing lifecycle. In 2012, Networked Insights was named one of world’s 50 “Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company and was declared as “unrivaled in socially informed media planning and buying” by Forrester Research.
The Database Administrator will be a key contributor to the improvement of database systems by conducting routine performance analysis and applying optimization to database configurations from the system level.
We are looking for a Database Administrator to administer, monitor, and troubleshoot a 24x7 production environment’s database servers and associated infrastructure, including all staging, testing, and development environments related to the Data Warehouse with the primary focus of keeping the Greenplum Database up and running. The Database Administrator will work with other team members to ensure 100% uptime, plan future capacity requirements, maintain security, and apply updates.
- This position demands that the Database Administrator constantly strives to be on the cutting-edge of technical trends and practices with the intent of translating that knowledge into continuous database or process improvement
- Proactive monitoring of all critical statistics and metrics related to the production database environment to ensure the “state of health” of all database systems
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in accordance with the Business Continuity Plan.
- Test backups to ensure systems meet the business’s SLA's
- Troubleshoot Greenplum database outages as they occur.
- Install and configure new database instances
- Deploy database change scripts.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance, including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, partitioning, data distribution, and/or other methods
- Document the company’s database environment.
- Flexible to be on call after hours and/or weekends.
- Working knowledge of Database Administration with any of the major MPP Databases or multi-Terabyte databases such as Greenplum, Teradata, Vertica, or Oracle
- Experience with hardware and software virtualization.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for Database Administration
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with cross-functional project teams across multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field of Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 7+ in supporting Production Databases in a 24X7 business environment
We provide excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, and generous paid time off policy within a progressive, employee-centric culture.
We offer a competitive compensation package with opportunities for performance rewards based on company success.