The Desktop Support Engineer assists client staffs with their trading floor-centric computer desktop systems. This position interfaces with engineering, networking, development and operations teams to provide top quality systems functionality, support and service to our hedge fund clients.
The Desktop Engineer position requires high levels of professionalism, strong problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and their utilization in state of the art trading environments.
- Work closely with client portfolio managers, traders, and IT professionals to provide superior trading technology capabilities and support to our range of predominantly hedge fund clients.
- Creating and managing standardized desktop images and applications packaging; physical setting up for computers and software system installation for various applications and programs.
- Act as on-site presence to test computers and all related computer systems, networks and applications to ensure they are functioning properly. Identifying and resolving problems affecting computer operation systems. Escalate to Systems Engineering, Network Engineering staff as required.
- Work with Network Engineering staff to resolve networking issues, set-up portals, connect to switch or firewalls, ensure effective networking operations, maintenance and support.
- Upgrading computer hardware and software as required.
- Training client employees on the use of computer hardware and software systems.
- Ensuring incident ticket requests are closed on time and with high client satisfaction.
- Perform duties on rotation-based schedule as part of 24/7/365 support required.
All candidate should live a commutable distance to Manhattan or Greenwich, CT
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 plus years’ experience in providing Desktop IT Support with-in a sophisticated Trading Floor environments, where high levels of service and technical expertise were required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills across all levels of an organization. Proven ability to support trading professionals, as well as collaborate with all levels of IT staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise strong technical and business judgment in mission critical IT support functions with-in financial services trading environments.
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills must have an abiding curiosity and interest in IT.
- Driven to provide superior support. Demonstrated a true ownership mentality to service and problem resolution.
- Willingness to be on-call on a scheduled basis; or as sometimes required work long hours to resolve client issues.
- Experience in working in hedge funds, Fund of Fund or Private Equity firms; smaller organizations where ability to learn a range of technologies was required; and/or client facing/field service roles are all a plus.
Technical skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Win7, Active Directory and Exchange essential- Expert in creating user accounts in Active Directory- creating distribution lists, global contacts in Exchange, etc.
- Good understanding and experience working with VMware, related working knowledge of SANs.
- Strong working knowledge of industry standard desktop imaging and packaging. Dell Kace1000 and 2000 experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of market data – Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Factset etc. Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 required. Knowledge of Visio, MS Projects a plus.
- Working knowledge of networking routers, firewalls, switches such as Cisco, Citrix, VPN, and Juniper SSL VPN.
- Working knowledge of spyware/malware removal tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of BES a plus- add, remove, reactivate, migrate users etc.
BS or equivalent in CS, MIS or Engineering desirable but not required
Edge Technology Group (www.edgetg.com), with offices in Greenwich CT, New York City and London, provides complete strategic planning, hosting, development, advisory, coordination and management of IT and real estate projects. We tailor our services to complement our clients' needs and supplementing the expertise of client staff professionals. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most progressive providers in the financial technology industry and join a talented team, work on rewarding projects in a dynamic environment and excel in your career. Edge Technology Group has one of the most respected reputations in the industry because our services make a positive daily difference in our clients' businesses.
All our positions are competitively compensated, full time, salaried and bonus eligible with full benefits that are 100% company paid. We also offer matching 401k and a host of other corporate benefits.
Edge Technology Group is growing rapidly (30% a year) and successfully attracts and retains leading industry talent. We do this by offering dynamic IT professionals exposure to a broad range of leading technologies and the opportunity to learn rapidly and contribute directly to the business.