Senior Storage Analyst (EMC)
CompuCom Canada has a new opening for a Senior Storage (EMC) Administrator. This is a full time position located in Calgary, Alberta in an Enterprise Level IT environment.
The Storage Administrator will be involved with daily storage operational tasks such as provisioning, storage connectivity, storage allocation, incident, problem management and the implementation of changes to the storage operational infrastructure.
As a member of the storage team the individual will be required to perform administration tasks primarily on EMC storage devices along with some project work. Planning and executing upgrades and enhancements to the environment are part of the role. As a senior associate, this individual will provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the team. Some backup and restore activities will be required.
* Provision storage LUNs and files shares in a complex heterogeneous clustered environment.
* Troubleshoot complex problems in a large storage environment
* Perform storage capacity planning
* Recommend and implement improvements instorage infrastructure
* Implement complex changes in critical 24x7 production environment
* Provide operational support for mission critical environment
* Provide technical leadership
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Collaborate well with team members, vendors, and clients toward achieving the common goal
Demonstrating an indepth knowledge/skill level with respect to:
* EMC Clariion/VNX (must have +5 years)
* EMC Symmetrix DMX, VMAX, NSX, DCX, Celerra, Isilon (nice to have)
* Brocade SAN switches (must have +5 years)
6+ years of Storage experience in the IT industry.
Posted Date: 10/4/2013