Insight is a leading IT solution provider of IT products and services. Insight offers over 200,000 brand-name IT products from leading manufacturers, such as HP, IBM, Intel, Cisco, Microsoft and more. Insight's comprehensive services offering assists customers with implementation and integration of the latest IT solutions organization-wide. Small and Medium Business (SMB), Enterprise customers and government and education customers can turn to one partner for hardware, software, peripheral, service and solution needs. Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Sales Engineer- Cisco*Networking
The Sales Engineer Networking is responsible for providing advanced pre-sales support for networking products and services by working with Sales Specialists and Account Executives to architect, design, propose, and close both existing and new opportunities. Additionally, the Sales Engineer will provide support and leadership in networking design and architecture as well as provide product updates and advice to Insight clients. The Sales Engineer will also present recommendations to clients regarding networking configuration and will be responsible for the development of the project scope and the development of the proposals.
*Essential Functions of the Job:
- Providing advanced presales support for networking opportunities
- Sales Support for Cisco architectural solutions including UC and Video
- Participating in client calls with Sales Specialists and Account Executives.
- Translating complex business requirements into Network solutions.
- Developing overall Network solutions including high-level design, statement of work, and bills of materials.
- Assist Sales Specialists and Account Executives with presenting solutions to client.
- Providing advanced presales support for internal teams for networking solutions.
- Providing advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.
- Assisting Design Associates teammates with BOM development for Network solutions.
- Assisting Sales Specialists and Account Executives with designing Network solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key partners.
- Attending key partner events and training sessions.
- Continued training to maintain expertise.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written skills and the ability to do some administrative work related to documentation and ticket tracking of opportunities/meeting follow up.
- Ability to understand the client's business objectives and technical needs.
- Ability to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to sales and clients
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners and clients.
- Travel required within assigned territory (up to 50%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
** MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from a four year college or university or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. Cisco CCIE).
- 5 years experience with Network technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in technical presales preferred.
- Experience with data center,* routing/switching, and voice solutions* (Cisco Specific is required)
* KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Genera
- Ability to effectively identify client business requirements.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Willingness to rapidly obtain certification in new products.
- Ability to make presentations to all levels of an organization.
- Genuine interest in technology and software and a desire to continue to learn.
- Consistently demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong research and analytical ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team sales effort, and to successfully operate in a flexible, virtual operating environment.
- Experience with Cisco Voice and Infrastructure solutions in* a pre sales capacity is required
* Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V
See Job Description.