SYSTEMS INTEGRATION PROGRAMMER
A senior level position focusing in the functional areas of Programming, Database Development, and Systems/Data Analysis as needed by the Information Technology Services Department in delivering service and support to internal and external clients. Under general supervision, codes and modifies moderately to highly complex programs, including applications/systems integration. Tests and debugs code; maintains, modifies, and integrates computer programs. Performs analysis and design of programs. Edits and approves user and application documentation for the use of new and revised systems, including operational documentation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes user requests to determine parameters of required program and if a new program must be created or if an existing program can be modified.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintain, and documents highly complex computer programs based on user requests.
- Builds highly complex user interface applications and back-end databases using expert-level skills in various web development tools, t-sql development, programming languages, and scripting languages.
- Authors highly complex web pages and complex templates into which user content is loaded to generate dynamic web pages.
- Analyzes and documents user information needs or business problems and determines most effective/efficient programming solution. Assists/mentors less experienced programmers with this process.
- Analyzes existing software and hardware systems and procedures; recommends modifications or creations of computer programs and user procedures to best meet user’s needs; implements any needed changes.
- Prepares user and technical documentation for the implementation, support, and running or new and/or modified systems.
- Provides unique data exports, data analysis, and reports as requested by users.
- Designs and develops application integration between systems.
- Assists less experienced programmers in resolution of work problems related to program specifications or programming.
- Assists in staff development by training employees, scheduling, directing and monitoring student employees, and serving as an informational resource regarding policies and procedures. Acts as a team leader and mentor for other programmers.
- Provides assistance and expertise in implementing, programming, and troubleshooting systems; addressing complaints and resolving complex problems including user support.
- Assists with coordination of projects; leads and coordinates work of others to develop, test, install and modify programs.
- Maintains professional knowledge of current trends and developments in the field and applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of other responsibilities.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused approach when conducting business and providing services or products to clients, the general public and other external customers.
- Interacts with all levels of state personnel in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation, and contributes to excellent performance.
- MS SQL Server/Database Design/Stored Procedures, C#, .NET Windows and Console Apps, ASP.NET, HTML, XML, Windows.
- Working knowledge of complex programming languages, web tools, scripting languages, database design, application/systems integration development and operating systems.
- Skills in requirements gathering, designing, prototyping, troubleshooting, and supporting users
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to effectively manage time, and communicate clearly
- Ability to maintain a customer focus in providing technology services