Action-driven, results oriented business analyst to work with business users across various lines of business as well as IT developers to design, develop, and implement business intelligence, reporting, and analytic solutions in financial service organizations.
The Business Analyst – BI/Analytics role serves as the bridge between business users and the developers, facilitating the design and successful development and implementation of BI systems and reporting processes, often focused on credit risk management, stress testing and regulatory reporting. The analyst will gather and document business requirements, perform data and system gap analyses, data profiling, map data, report/dashboard design and development, and work closely with technical teams on implementations.
Typical projects include report writing, report conversion, report/dashboard design, BI system implementations, BI processes design. These projects will accompany various initiatives such as consumer loan reporting, FDIC/Call-Report, FRY-9C, FRY-14, SOP accounting, credit disclosures, and credit stress testing. The role calls for enthusiastic, energetic, and results-driven analysts with strong data and quantitative skills and a background in data warehousing or business intelligence in a banking environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Group facilitation
- Understanding of various types of data analysis and reporting within financial institutions - credit products, credit reporting, FDIC, FRB, OCC, and SEC reporting requirements for financial service companies
- Ability to work with senior executives and project sponsors while also working directly with the project team and IT development teams.
- Ability to analyze data, write test plans/scripts, perform unit, integration, and regression testing, validate and back-test models
- 5+ years working in banking or financial services – with demonstrated expertise in improving data quality or data governance. Additional skills/background in finance, accounting, credit management, risk management or audit roles preferred
- 5+ years working in data warehousing, business intelligence, or similar data-related field
Required Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Office (including Visio)
- SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc) - writing SQL statements and working within databases to analyze or extract data and perform testing/validation
- Using various BI tools (Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, QlikView)
- Data Profiling
- Ability to write technical requirements and mapping specifications
Bachelor's degree required, degree in business/MIS/CIS preferred