InfraScience, LLC is headquartered in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area and provides consulting services for mid-market and Fortune 1000 clients desiring expert guidance on technology infrastructure initiatives. We help organizations maximize their return on technology infrastructure investments. InfraScience is a Managed, Gold-Certified Microsoft Partner offering services in the areas of Messaging and Collaboration, Systems Management and Deployment, Identity & Access Management, Application Collaboration Infrastructure and Project Management.
Recent growth has created an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join our Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina team. This position will work closely with our clients to design and deliver system management technical solutions to support the IT infrastructure including server and client hardware as well as application and process management solutions. At the center of this messaging practice are Microsoft products such as Exchange, Lync, and the Office365 offerings. In addition to the Microsoft products, this role may include designing competitive migrations including the use of Quest and other third party tools. The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and self-sufficient
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and team orientation
- Solid business writing and verbal communication skills
- High-level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Demonstrated initiative and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Desire to pursue applicable professional development and certifications
- Flexibility to adapt easily to change in daily/weekly work routines and priorities and the ability to work overtime as required
- Ability and desire to stay current of new technologies and solutions
This position offers you an opportunity to:
- Work with the latest Microsoft technologies to solve real business problems
- Work with an experienced team of professional consultants and technical advisors
- Grow technically, professionally, and personally.
- Solve complex information systems challenges
- Work with multiple, industry-diverse clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years IT experience with 3+ years of consulting experience (not staff augmentation) and proven ability to gather and assess business requirements, develop and present solution alternatives, produce design and migration strategy documents, provide guidance and knowledge transfer to client staff, and test / implement an approved design.
- Core skill set should include mid to expert level knowledge in Exchange Server and one or more of the following technologies:
- Exchange (2003, 2007, 2010, and/or 2013) required
- Lync Server – Enterprise Voice is a big plus
- Office 365 and BPOS
- Core skill set should include mid to high level knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- Competitive messaging systems (Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Google Apps, etc.)
- Third party migration tools (Quest, Binary Tree, etc.)
- Scripting (PowerShell or VBScript preferred)
- SMTP messaging gateways
- Mobile messaging solutions (BlackBerry, ActiveSync, etc.)
- Core skill set should include industry knowledge about the current and future state of system and application management solutions.
- MCSE or MCITP certification in relevant technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Location: Durham, NC
- Job Type: Full Time Salaried Exempt
- Relocation Available: No
- Travel: 30 - 35% (average of 3 year period is typical); majority of travel within North Carolina and South Carolina.
We offer an excellent work environment, competitive pay rates commensurate with experience and qualifications, and an outstanding benefit package designed to meet the needs of today’s technology professionals. Some of our benefits include:
- Three medical plan options plus the option to choose dental and/or vision care
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company provided life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Medical and Dependent care Flexible Savings Accounts
- Optional employee and dependent life insurance at group rates
If this position matches your experience, skills, and career goals, we’d like to hear from you!
InfraScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.