Purpose of Position:
- The NOC Supervisor will be responsible for providing leadership and technical guidance to a team of NOC technicians. The Supervisor will provide oversight for swift and accurate responses to all alerts and customer requests – repairing or escalating as appropriate.
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction and experience.
- Support Data Center Operations management in support and maintenance of the facility.
- Hire, develop, and manage a 24x7 NOC team to include staffing, coaching, and training.
- Facilitate the collection, reporting and reviewing of performance metrics.
- Develop and maintain a common set of process and procedures that allow us to meet contractual SLAs and maintain industry related compliance.
- Ensures that the staff receives the necessary resources, knowledge, tools, access and training to deliver effective services and support. Provide statistical and performance feedback and coaching to NOC technicians on a regular basis.
- Single Point of escalation for all NOC related issues.
- Monitors workloads and recommend changes in staffing levels / oversees the appropriate staffing levels/ utilization and productivity of the team – including the maintenance of the daily shift/work schedule.
- Develop and maintain an overall quality assurance program to monitor for accurate and timely support/response practices.
- Responsible for meeting quality controls in support of SSAE16 guidelines.
- Facilitate the collection, analysis and dissemination of metrics.
- Facilitate the rapid restoration of high severity tickets using a process that applies appropriate urgency and expertise to the restoration efforts.
- Monitor lower priority tickets for timely and accurate resolutions minimizing the impact to the business and adhering to agreed upon SLAs.
- Manage all incoming NOC requests and provide outstanding customer (internal and external) service for all customers, partners and vendors.
- Responsible for all scheduling for weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime coverage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have a reputation for customer advocacy and service excellence.
- Strong management skills required with the ability to build and motivate a team of young professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed.
- Strong understanding of Internet related technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, IMAP, POP)
- Technical background with systems administration knowledge.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in support of company SLAs and/or customer needs.
- Ability to work across multiple functional units and technology platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities.
- Excellent organizational and team leadership skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree or Equivalent Industry Experience
- Previous NOC experience
- Supervisory experience desired.