Title: Principal Software Engineer (Analytics)
Reports To: Software Development Manager (Analytics)
Ariba, Inc. is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners and expert capabilities to augment internal resources and skills, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations – all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you’re buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the Ariba® Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500, use Ariba’s solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
Be a part of a cutting edge Analytics engineering team to design and develop internet applications for the "Ariba Commerce Cloud". The Analytics team is responsible for building the ETL and Reporting infrastructure to help customers consolidate data from multiple sources and build reports to monitor and improve their business processes. The solution will provide business intelligence in the Cloud to over 1000 global enterprise customers enabling $170B annual business commerce. You will be a key member of the Analytics engineering team working with multiple application teams to develop the next generation of Analytics for collaborative business commerce. You will be responsible for both new web application development as well as sustaining existing releases. This is an individual contributor hands-on position.
To succeed in this position you must be incredibly smart and very results-oriented.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
· 10 years in-depth experience in designing and developing web-based applications with strong database skills.
· Strong object-oriented programming skills
· Good knowledge of Java or C++
· Data Warehouse experience in Oracle with expertise in OLAP Cube, Dimensional and Transactional Modeling, Materialized Views, Partitioning, SQL, and Cube Queries.
· Self-motivated and independent
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and take on ownership of large projects in a very dynamic and adaptive environment
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related field