Title: Software Development Manager (UI)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports To: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Ariba, Inc. is the leading provider of on-demand spend management solutions. Our mission is to transform the way companies of all sizes, across all industries, and geographies operate by delivering software, service, and network solutions that enable them to holistically source, contract, procure, pay, manage, and analyze their spend and supplier relationships. Delivered on demand, our enterprise-class offerings empower companies to achieve greater control of their spend and drive continuous improvements in financial and supply chain performance. More than 1,000 companies, including more than half of the companies on the Fortune 500, use Ariba solutions to manage their spend from sourcing and orders through invoicing and payment.
Come join and help shape the future for SaaS (OnDemand) software solutions at Ariba!
As a leader of the UI Framework Team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to interact closely with all application teams at Ariba and drive the development of software solutions from definition through delivery. The team is responsible for creating an application framework that meets the diverse needs of the Ariba application suite. Core areas of functionality include the platform for shared service application delivery, application customization, workflow engine, common UI components, security, and single sign on. Managers have the opportunity to engage on many technical levels from long term technical design and innovation to day-to-day project leadership.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead a dynamic team of engineers.
- Interface with internal teams, customers, and partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business unit leadership in developing project objectives and timelines.
- Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code.
- Define project and release scope.
- Develop project plans and deliverable.
- Work with the team on detailed technical design.
- Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through discussions with product managers and customers.
- Work closely with QA to define test plans and test cases for applications.
- Mentor junior engineers through formal and informal discussions, code reviews, design reviews, technical presentations, or as a consultant on projects.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, MS a plus.
- 8+ years experience developing production-grade web applications (Java preferred).
- 5+ years of hands on Java and J2EE experience including (3+ years direct programming experience with user interface frameworks (Struts, JSF, Tapestry, Rails, ZK, Wicket, GWT, etc)).
- History of demonstrated technical leadership on large complex projects and is a problem solver as well as technical innovator.
- Passion for UI development, UI “smarts” and a bias toward building frameworks.
- First-class object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Ability to motivate and demonstrate technical leadership.
- Demonstrated independence, creativity and initiative and the ability to understand the company’s architecture and business goals.
- Ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and lead a cross organizational project team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills