Title: Principal Software Engineer
Organization: Ariba Network
Reports to: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Come join the brightest, most dedicated, most energetic engineers, marketers, project managers, sales, service, and finance professionals in the Bay Area!
Ariba, an SAP company, is the global leader in business commerce networks, supporting more than $450 billion dollars in yearly trade between over 1 million connected companies. Ariba is transforming the way the world conducts business and is poised for strong continued growth with its innovation around the commerce graph. Every day, we help companies big and small collaborate with trading partners to manage spend, cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue. This collaboration is enabled through the Ariba Network, a cloud-based community where companies find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal; Ariba Exchange, a free online place where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook; and the Networked Economy Blog, where we share best practices and thought leadership on procurement and financial management topics with companies across the globe.
The Ariba Network Engineering team is looking for a talented, passionate Principal Software Engineer with proven architecture, design and implementation skills to join the team. Be a part of the team that is bringing ongoing innovation to a network of buyers and sellers that is growing at an unprecedented scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with senior management and the Architects on Ariba’s future strategy and play an instrumental role in the architecture, design, and development of the Ariba Network
- Provide leadership in all areas of the development process, including development standards and practices, system architecture and design, functional design and implementation, and unit and regression test design
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver major critical projects
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
- Expert in relational database knowledge, including data modeling, schema design, performance tuning, and query optimization
- Strong experience with interfacing with other enterprise systems through various messaging technologies such as web services and MQ Series
- Strong experience in web-based UI development, UI frameworks, client-side
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.