Microsoft Infrastructure Services - Systems Engineers (Technical Delivery Architect, Consultant)
Click to view our Paid Microsoft Training within our Microsoft Infrastructure
Avanade was founded by Accenture and Microsoft in 2000. Avanade has steadily grown to over 14,000 employees worldwide. At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world. Avanade offers you a unique opportunity to help our customers on leading-edge projects while growing your skills and progressing your career. Our consultants hold the highest concentration of elite certifications in the industry, and have access to new Microsoft technologies well before they’re released to the public.
At Avanade, you’ll find:
- A Connected Culture. We attract smart, passionate people—and we promote an open collaborative environment that helps our customers realize results.
- A Powerful Fit. We use technology to help customers solve business problems in ways that make a real difference. We pride ourselves about being technology experts.
- A Global Leader. Avanade is a leader in the global technology market. Not only does this drive accelerated growth, but also introduces economies of scale that allow us to compete more effectively. Our leadership position relies on expertise, innovation and knowledge-sharing through our worldwide communities.
- A Talented Team. We expect a lot. And our people deliver. We invest in employees’ career growth and development, because we know that we are most successful when our team members are at their best.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals.
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
As a Microsoft Systems Engineer, you will lead teams to plan, analyze, design, build, test and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of systems to support customer needs and you will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. And, you will be involved in the selling of Avanade solutions, proposal development, change requirements, some marketing/PR initiatives, and developing customer relationships and analyzing the customer's business.
You are involved with the following:
- Platform Migration: Migrate platforms to the latest Microsoft operating system
- Server Consolidation: Maximize resources that are under-utilized to increase reliability and centralize administration
- Data Center Operations: Evaluate processes and infrastructure design to more efficiently manage operations and reduce costs while increasing predictability
- Enterprise Directories: Deploy enterprise-wide business directories to lower administrative costs, coordinate end-user accounts, and reduce development costs
- Desktop Deployment: Execute large-scale desktop deployments without productivity or data loss
- 2+ years of consulting experience designing and delivering Microsoft infrastructure solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, Messaging Architectures, Systems Management with System Center, and Window 7 Desktop Transformation
- Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructures
- Demonstrated team management experience (team leadership, performance management, coaching, and mentoring)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written skills to develop technical documentation and presentations
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must be willing to travel 80% of the time to the customer locations across the US
- Demonstrated strong project delivery experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables using project management methodologies
- Demonstrated successful proposal experience including developing and presenting technical requirements based on business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand a customer's needs and articulate technologies to business stakeholders. Includes developing current and future state assessments/designs that address business requirements and best practices.
Demonstrated Microsoft technical delivery proficiency in two or more of the following:
Deep Microsoft technical skills and strong technical delivery of complex projects through a proven methodology such as MOF, ITIL or similar project approaches. The candidate should have skills in two or more of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2
- Active Directory Architecture and Migrations
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 Virtualization
- Exchange 2010 Architecture
- Exchange 2007/2010 Migrations (Notes to Exchange, Exchange to Exchange, GroupWise to Exchange)
- Office Communication Server 2007 & Lync 2010
- Microsoft Online (Office 365)
- System Center Suite – SCCM 2007, SCOM 2007, SCSM, Opalis
- Windows 7 Desktop Transformation (Windows 7 Design/Migrations, MDT 2010, DDPS, MDOP, APP-V, OSD, and Application Packaging and Compatibility Assessment, Office Suite Migrations)
- Citrix-Microsoft Desktop Virtualization Solutions (Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix XenApp)
- Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager (ILM), Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM)
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
- MCSE 2003
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.