***Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No third party agencies.***
Our client is located in mid-town NYC. This position offers an excellent salary, benefits and bonus potential up to $30K. This position will offer the opportunity for you to utilize your technical skills within a global dynamic resilient and critical infrastructure. This position is 50% project and research based.
All resume submissions will be kept confidential.
Senior Network Engineer
- Network infrastructure configuration, support and management including availability, connectivity, performance, security and protection
- Troubleshoot network issues and ensure rapid resolution
- Participate in establishing and implementing network backup and disaster recovery policies and practices
- Assist in the development of strategy and design for the company’s network/communications infrastructure
- Work closely with members of the applications and systems teams
Core Technical Skills Required:
- Network design, planning and implementation.
- Experience with network tools (sniffer, syslog, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark etc.).
- Automation and scripting experience with Bash, Perl or Python a plus.
- IP-based video and voice unified communication systems (both H.323 and SIP); Avaya and Polycom a plus.
- Experience with Linux system administration a plus.
- Cisco routing/switching/firewalls (all models), Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba WiFi, Riverbed, AvayaVoIP, FireEye
Routing & Switching:
- EIGRP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, 802.1Q trunking, etherchannel, spanning tree, VTP
Note: Financial industry experience a plus.