Did you know? Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
SAP Security Administrator with in-depth experience with user, role, and table maintenance. This position will be responsible for security administration for a variety of SAP modules including SD, MM, FI/CO, HCM and BW. This position will also support portal security for SSF, Biller Direct and MSS/ESS.
This individual is responsible for all security access and compliance for the organization in all SAP instances. In addition, in this role they will work with the application owners, develop and support security priorities, standards and procedures, and provide expertise in the area of SAP and other non-SAP applications as they relate to any SAP instance. The duties encompass security administration of SAP and non-SAP applications that are connecting to SAP instances, assist in the design and build of security authorizations, ensure compliance to security policies and procedures, resolve access problems and handle security incidents. This is a cross-functional support role to the organization and will interface within and outside of IT departments. In this role it is critical to build and maintain internal relationships and possibly also with external business partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills, verbal and written.
- Participate in team activities and team planning in regards to improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
- Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies and platforms.
- Gather requirements from internal clients and provide security and technical expertise to support the development of security objects to satisfy business requirements.
- Follow development processes and procedures to develop security objects that meet business requirements while adhering to the principle of least privilege.
- Prepare and maintain documentation as needed.
- Work with business areas and project teams to troubleshoot issues with security objects and identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Commitment to upholding government and corporate security guidelines including Segregation of Duties (SoD), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards.
- Understand compliance requirements that may impact security and work with business areas and project teams to develop security solutions that address these requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- 3 – 5 years experience using SAP in a professional environment.
- Experience with some of the following SAP modules:
- SD, FI/CO, MM, BW, HCM, MSS/ESS. Portal
- SAP CRM
- Experience with SAP's role-based security concepts and the Profile Generator.
- Understanding of SAP best practice.
- Ability to assess business role requirements, design authorization roles and manage supporting authorizations.
- Experience with portals authorizations; preferred knowledge of ESS, Biller Direct and/or SSF systems.
- Experience testing authorizations for multiple environments and coordinating testing with business and technical users.
- Knowledgeable regarding transaction auditing; ability to work with and support internal and external audit teams.
- Basic knowledge of SAP Netweaver security; ability to speak to infrastructure level security concerns and to work with technical team to ensure such concerns are addressed.
- Experience with Solution Manager
- Set up, maintenance and use of Central User Administration (CUA) and Single-sign on (SSO).
- Self-motivated, Flexible, Openness to learn new things, Strong focus on customer needs.
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively mentor less experienced team members on SAP security.
- Experience in successful project implementation and follow-up.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Ability to monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
- Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Good decision-making skills.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Basic networking skills.
- General understanding of accounting process.
- Team leadership and role-model.
- Deep technical knowledge of the relevant part(s) of the SAP environment.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States