**Please send resume to email@example.com or please call me at 415 228 4275 if you have any questions about the opportunity**
This is a contract to hire opportunity
This is a software development engineer position in San Francisco for a development program, underway, with the goal of replacing two policy processing systems – one vendor system, one built in house – with a single application built in Delphi, SQL and .NET (MVC).
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Design and develop secure, fast, scalable, web applications for a growing workers’ compensation insurance company.
• Analyze existing software and application modules that interact with the new module that will be built to diagnose and pose solutions to reported problems.
• Understand and be able to translate written requirements into technical design specifications.
• Actively participate in all phases of development from design through coding, unit testing, integration testing, and technical documentation.
• Accurately assess technical feasibility and development effort given business specifications; identify and propose alternatives to meet given resource/time constraints.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical: Synthesizes complex of diverse information; Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
• Technical Skills: Expert in developing business internal and external WEB applications with rich data content, using:
-Microsoft SQL Server 2012
-.NET / C# / MVC
-Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2
-Crystal Reports or other data merge solutions (MS-Word, PDFs)
-Some proprietary reporting and screen-building tools
• Education/Experience: 8-10 years experience in application development in a 3-tier environment with strong emphasis on the services layer: Web Services, WCF and OData Data Services.
• Programming Skills: MS-SQL, C#, ASP.NET (in an MVC architecture), Delphi (preferred v.2006 or later), Entity Framework, Java Script, JQuery.