**Please send resume to Aparna.firstname.lastname@example.org or please call me at 415 228 4275 if you have any questions about the opportunity**
As a Senior System Administrator, you will have a main focus in managing, supporting, and administering Microsoft, Apple and Linux based technologies. You will be responsible for the installation, configuration, deployment, and upgrades of backup, storage, and system technologies to support our existing and growing infrastructure. You will also be responsible for some end user support, using our trouble ticketing system, ranging from software and hardware to server and networking responsibilities. Participation in the development, testing and support of major project initiatives will also be fundamental. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, monitoring, troubleshooting, automation, and configuration of the corporate servers and applications as well as planning, developing, and supporting hardware, software, and operational needs of highly-available systems.
Other duties may be assigned. Administers our computer systems including: servers, disaster recovery, telephony/VOIP, Active Directory, data center operations, service requests, monitoring, security, project management and mentorship. Works closely with our Help Desk staff to resolve An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate skills in the following:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with server and desktop support in a Mac/PC networked environment.
- Previous experience in designing, maintaining and monitoring a data center.
- Expertise in a mixed OS environment – Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix.
- Expertise with Virtualization
- Ability to prioritize tasks and communicate status on multiple activities.
- Experience with VOIP technologies.
- Networking experience (routers, switches, wireless access points, VLAN configuration).
- Knowledge of security best practices, including: patch management, file/folder security, Active Directory Group Policies, antivirus/malware, perimeter security and TCP/IP protocols.
- Responding to incidents and resolving issues both during, and outside of, business hours.
- Enterprise backup, restore and archiving tasks.
- Expertise in storage management concepts, integration and deployment including.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Scripting or basic programming skills.
- Familiarity with monitoring systems (Xymon, MRTG, Cacti).
- Familiarity with log management systems (ArcSight, Splunk, LogRhythm).
- Some level of expertise with Exchange 2010 and Lync 2010
Certifications are a plus.