**Please send resume to Aparna.firstname.lastname@example.org or please call me at 415 228 4275 if you have any questions about the opportunity**
Description: We are currently looking for highly motivated Operations & DevOps engineer with systems knowledge to work in the Cloud Engineering team. This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of Linux enterprise web farm infrastructure solutions
. This position focused on expertise in J2EE, JBoss and Apache web infrastructure support and middleware for a long term project engagement. This position will also work closely with engineering teams to create consistent and repeatable code and server deployments. An ideal candidate will have a strong operations background as well as some development experience. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother. Most importantly, the right individual will be with a positive, “can-do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of large scale web farm infrastructure across multiple data centers supporting the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering.
- Working with team to analyze and design web farm infrastructure with 99.99% up-time with server virtualization, clustering, database, disaster recovery, and geographic redundancy.
- Reporting server farm operational status by gathering, prioritizing information
- Own our server image configurations, collaborating with our core engineers to optimize for task performance, reliability, service requirements, failover and scale.
- Server Maintenance based on updates, system requirements, data usage, and antivirus requirements
- Build out a robust system to auto-scale our platform and work closely with our engineering team to diagnose how to build this, how to manage this and what triggers to measure.
- Actively monitor and administer the applications and hosting environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes
- Triage and provide technical solutions to environment related issues encountered by new and existing applications in the environment
- Support developers with change requests, uptime, performance related issues, and access
- Application management for Apache, Jboss ,J2EE and Oracle platform.
- Documentation of work in regards to bug reports, systems analysis, application monitoring, and common task reporting
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Assist in establishing and implementing configuration management program and policies.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
- Manage and control the continuous release promotion cycle (manually short-term, through automation long-term) including the following environments: development, integration, QA, Load, Regression and production.
- Develop deployment scripts on a lifecycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of build promotions and software releases.
- Help engineering implement new technologies in development for future production deployment.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Address short to medium term tactical requirements by automating and optimizing existing operational processes
- 7+ years with Linux (RHEL) /Unix systems administration Strong scripting skills in any common language (such as Perl, Python, Bash, PHP).
- Familiarity with deploying and configuring Java applications.
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Strong background in networking, load balancing, and firewalls.
- Solid background in systems engineering and operations.
- 5- 7 years in installation/configuration of high end servers and storage hardware in data centers.
- 3 – 5 Experience in working with management and maintenance of application running on Apache.
- Minimum of 2+ years of MS Active Directory engineering and administration experience.
- 2 – 4 years experience installing VMWare products – ESX, ESXi, VSphere, vCenter, P2V&V2V conversions.
- 5+/- years of hands-on experience developing tools that empower the Engineering Organization
- Thorough knowledge of Redhat Linux Enterprise 5 and 6
- Thorough understanding of Apache 2.4 Jboss 7and Tomcat 6
- Hosting and running websites on a large scale environment
- Linux networking and hosting requirements
- Deploy web products built on the Linux stack, including Rehat 5/6 and Apache 2.3/2.4 (or above).
- Scripting experience and fluent in at least one scripting language: Bash, Perl or Python
- Experience with Flexpod is a plus
- Fluency with common network admin and intrusion detection tools such as Rancid, OpenNMS, Nagios, Ethereal/Wireshark, Nmap, Nessus, Netflow, etc.
- Good knowledge of Cisco IOS, both Cisco Nexus and non-Nexus series switches, Cisco routers and other Cisco networking gear.
- Solid understanding of data center related technology and collocation environment.
- Firm knowledge of virtualization technologies such as Amazon AWS, OpenStack, VMware, Xen and/or KVM
- Passion for improving software development processes and desires to automate any repetitive work you ever do. Familiarity with configuration management, Chef, Puppet, CFengine or similar industry-standard CM solutions Cloud Proficiency
- Enthusiasm for working closely with developers to understand ops requirements
- Experience with large project rollouts at an enterprise level.
- Detailed knowledge of Red Hat Linux operating systems and tools.
- Good knowledge of SCM (software configuration management).
- Working knowledge of web services, web application development, Oracle database Server, multi-tier application systems.
- Good knowledge of software configuration, source control, and build engineering, scripting and system administration is required.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability
- Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, UDP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SMTP, NIS BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Database management expertise: MS SQL Server, Oracle.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
- Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level data center and/or office networks.
- RHCE is required, VCP, MCSE or CCNA is a plus.