DataDirect Networks (DDN.com) is a world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high-growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
DDN is looking for a bright and exceptional senior software engineer to help us build the next generation of Hybrid Cloud appliance. The candidate will be joining our Cloud and Analytics Software team under the solution organization, reporting directly to the director of Engineering. Out of the box thinking, ability to work independently on numerous activities and prioritize them properly while meeting deadlines is a must. The ideal candidate must be result driven in a fast-paced environment and expert in various distributed computing, analytics platform and trends.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Main responsibility will be to design and develop components of our next generation analytics systems spanning storage, computer and information analytics.
- Work closely with all teams and successfully integrate yourself in the cross functional fabric of DDN.
- Must have some externally visible passion for technology and process with an interest in the latest frameworks/libraries/tools including but not limited to MPI, Hadoop , in-memory DB & caching subsystems, and NoSQL repositories.
- Understand technology trends through review of industry information, participation in technology conferences.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to large and small audiences.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into compelling solutions delivering business benefit.
Required Qualifications for this role are:
- 7+ years enterprise class software development expertise in Java, Python, J2EE and Linux.
- Java Core as primary programing language
- Python and Linux as the Development environment
- 1+ year in enterprise class database/BI, storage, cloud computing or equivalent technology.
- Developed either over hbase /Hadoop appliance or noSQL development such as Cassandra
- Some Hands-on experience of up-to-date technologies like Hadoop (MapReduce paradigm) , Cassandra, HBase , MongoDB, Virtualization (KVM, VirtualBox,VMWare), Parallel and distributed computing.
Additional skills desired:
- Efficiency in using Development life cycle tools and processes
- Adopted and proficient in using Agile and scrum practices.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design, advanced algorithms, data structures, REST API, and developing platform services for others to consume
- Expertise in relational database technologies, queries, and schema design (in particular, columnar databases).
- Worked in Hyper Performance computing (HPC) is a plus
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self Starter - Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives.
Success/Achievement Orientation - Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable.
Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful.
Innovative - Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining DDN!