Our premier media client located in Bristol, CT has an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Analyst. Must have previous experience with Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence testing. This is a 6-12+ month contract with a definite chance of converting to a full-time employee. Only W2 candidates can be considered for this role!!! The hiring process is a phone and face to face interview process so local candidates are highly preferred.
Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Quality Analyst
The candidate should have a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence testing background (Data Migration experience is now a plus, but not a must-have).
Experience with any BI Tool is sufficient, but having a Business Objects or a Microstrategy background is a definite plus
- Candidate will be involved in both sql and manual testing across multiple scrum teams
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Development, and Product Owners to ensure data extracted from multiple source systems is valid and accurate.
- Develop and execute validation scripts, create sample reports using Business Objects, reconcile report data and measure query performance.
- Agile testing knowledge is a plus Looking for candidate with Media testing knowledge
- Participate in design and implementation of QA test strategies and protocols used in QA processes; ensures the full application of all relevant QA protocols, processes and procedures
- Assigned to somewhat complex problems that can influence internal clients
- Documents, tracks and verifies defects and fixes in assigned applications
- Develop, documents and implements QA standards for assigned applications
- Participates in ensuring that assigned projects adhere to agreed-upon functional specification and applicable QA standards
- Regularly review and interprets QA results and findings with limited support from senior QA
- Manages the troubleshooting of or troubleshoots and resolves identified QA problems and issues
- Monitors the performance of applications under development; ensures full conformance of each assigned application to established specifications and performance, accuracy and integrity criteria
- Accountable for achieving good levels of personal operating efficiencies on assigned tasks and problems
- Uses “out-of-the-box” ingenuity in applying analytical techniques and organizational skills to identifying and evaluating alternatives and to developing recommended approaches to resolving quality assurance issues and problems
- Work on the interpretation of QA issues and problems for technical and non-technical personnel
- Interprets specific aspects of QA findings and protocols for QA Management
For additional information please contact: