Opportunity for a strong Business Process Management Business Analyst (BA) to join our IT team. Reporting to the IT Director, Operations and Services, this individual will be a key member of the group who will be involved in analysis, design, review, development, testing, and deployment for BPM and related systems and platform architecture. A key aspect of this role will be to act as a SME in project meetings, and complete initial technical solutions documents to describe the approach, high level design and scope of work. Another aspect will be to review these documents with the development manager/vendor managers/architecture review board to determine architectural fit and effort.
This position is critical to our company’s ability to deliver on our promises to employees, business partners and customers. BA work with Business and IT partners to drive the implementation of a broad range of solutions related to, workflow system and the technology tools we provide to our employees, customers, and business partners. The BA effectively prioritizes activities within resource constraints. She/he understands documented business problems, works to design possible solutions, and then translates high-level desires and ideas into detailed functional specifications working with IT Architecture team to stay within the framework. Once a solution is defined, the BA will manage the implementation and change requests to the documented solutions working with internal FTEs and partner offshore resources. A BA’s success will be measured by the quality, time to market, and effective use of resources to implement solutions to business problems. The BA will work with PM to track project deliverables, provide updates to issue/action item logs and resolve issues, escalating to their manager and/or other leaders when issues or roadblocks arise.
• Leads the identification and implementation of solutions to business problems
• Elicit business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques including but not limited to interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, use cases, scenarios, business process, task and workflow analysis.
• Serve as business liaison between business areas, senior leadership and IT development and support teams.
• Creates detailed solution approach documentation working with the team lead(s)
• Works with project PM to provide help on technical details of Tollgate documents for the executive team at various intervals in the project lifecycle
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on business and IT applications
• Manages requirements related activities, issue resolution and communication across onsite/offshore development teams and reports back to project execution teams
• Collaborate with business process owners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and business processes
• Participate in coordinating testing application changes made by software vendors
• Responsible for the overall success of the deliverables and ensures the deliverable.
• Works with QA, other development teams and infrastructure teams to ensure work is completed on time
• Understanding the business processes, participating in process modeling and design workshops, identifying opportunities for process improvement in working with process analysts and the business users
• Provide guidance to the various development teams including communicating business decisions
• Modeling business components, services, processes, and systems. Understanding design patterns, and their applicability. Designing common components and services using a layered architecture that will be used by several projects.
• Use IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) to implement the process models (Process Designer)
• Understanding web-services based integrations with BPM
• Contributing to design sessions, code reviews, testing in support of new BPM initiatives and related projects and promoting common standards and best practices.
• Analyze performance and design inefficiencies.
• Minimum of 7-8 years or more overall experience in Information Technology
• Experience in BPM technologies using IBM BPM (formerly Lombardi Teamworks).
• At least 2 project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) of the IBM BPM Suite.
• Strong database skills, including SQL Server and stored procedures.
• Strong understanding of agile software development methodology; background in object oriented design and analysis.
• Knowledge of the IBM BPM and SOA product stack including WebSphere Application Server, Blueworks Live, BPM, Process Server, Modeler, Monitor, ILOG etc. is definitely a huge plus
• Must be customer focused and possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent judgment and problem solving skills
• Ability to work with both technical and non-technical teams and stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related technical field,
• Strong analysis and technical documentation skills
• Has ability to identify and use business rules effectively.
• Has ability to analyze legacy systems and data for process change.
• Has strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral skills
• MS or other advanced degree in computer science
• Experience Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Experience working in financial services industry, especially wealth management
• Familiarity with Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
To apply, please cut and paste the following into your browser:http://www.genworth.com/content/non_navigable/corporate/employment/search_jobs.html?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=14749