We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr Java Developer based out of Pasadena, CA. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to explore.
- Conducting analysis and design, work estimation, coding, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, deployment, production support, bug fixes, and generation of relevant documentation.
- Make all required efforts to meet deadlines. Proactively notify stake holders of any risks related to projects or tasks including unforeseen complexities, delays relative to project plans, or other issues. Continually communicate project status, goals, and anticipated timelines to the team
- Make pro-active suggestions for improvement of existing and future systems and designs.
- Work both independently and part of larger team in support of firm and project goals. Proactively communicate with all relevant peers and parties in all stages of SDLC. Learn and adhere to firm’s SDLC process including production of all required documentation, adherence to release management and source code control procedures, and all other aspects of the SDLC.
- Conduct all activities in highly efficient, productive, accountable, and professional manner. Deliver solutions that are high quality in function, accuracy, and design.
Specific Technical Knowledge and Experience Required:
- An expert in Java - all around. All tiers of Java, superior knowledge of Core Java, J2EE, JDBC, Spring, JMS, JBoss, XML, Web Services, JUnit. Must be very strong with OO design.
- Experience with Adobe FLEX and Blaze DS or Granite DS. (good to have)
- Experience with FLEX frameworks such as Cairngorm. (good to have)
- Superior knowledge of relational database environment. Strong Oracle PL/SQL required.
- Experienced with JBoss/Tomcat, SONIC MQ, testing methodologies, open source libraries
- Knowledge of both Windows and UNIX environments preferred
- Can independently learn existing code-base, database, data, functionality, and business domain, in a short period of time.
Specific Business Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience in either the Investment Management or Broker-Dealer domain a must. Experience with Fixed Income securities data a plus
ABOUT HEADSTRONG (A Genpact Company):
Headstrong is a global consulting and IT services company that applies its expertise in business processes and technology across Financial Services, Public Sector, Services industries and Healthcare. Headstrong’s client base in the financial services industry includes 9 of the top 10 investment banks. It provides domain focused solutions across capital markets business areas – Wealth & Asset Management, Prime Brokerage & Securities Financing, Equities and Fixed Income. Headstrong delivers solutions in Business Process Definition, Systems Integration, Application Development, Application Outsourcing and Knowledge Process Outsourcing. Headstrong helps its clients realize value from their business and technology initiatives while leveraging a steadfast heritage (as James Martin + Co) of strong methodologies and global program management. Headstrong is headquartered near Washington DC, with a global presence across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Please visit www.headstrong.com for more information.