About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Reston, VA
About the Role:
A Professional Services Cyber Defense Analyst (CDA) possess a demonstrated understanding of security principles, best practices, architectures, tools and processes in the areas of operational security controls, data and systems integrity, network and Internet Security, access control systems and methodology. Some of the responsibilities of a CDA may include identity management, authentication, access control, and authorization that meet requirements for security, performance, and integration while also providing the amplification of details of existing and emerging global network threats identified by correlating information from within the Global Threat Intelligence (GTI) network within McAfee.
- Tracking trends and performs network analysis on the network infrastructure to determine security gaps and network configuration deficiencies.
- Develop graphical representations of social and physical networks associated with specific network threats / actors
- Prioritizing threats and managing risks and escalations.
- Contributing to the development of strategies and architectures for secure cyber environments;
- Leading a cross-functional team to respond to cyber incidents and remediate attacks
- Collecting attack and investigation metrics and trending data
- Assist with various security assessments and auditing engagements as required
- Assists in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Assist in the processing of possible malware samples and other threats submitted by customers.
- Provide network support by conducting reverse engineering of new vulnerabilities and malicious code in order to build counter attack signatures against known and unknown threats.
- Research emerging malware capabilities and delivery techniques and successfully integrate appropriate countermeasures and mitigations into team process
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- At least 4 years related experience
- BS or equivalent
- Certifications such as CISSP highly desireable
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Professional Services
Primary Location: NA-USA-VA-Reston
Position Number: 555556
Department: Professional Services