About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Santa Clara, CA
About the Role:
Do you live and breathe code? Is the tab key worn down on your keyboard? Do you get frustrated because you can-t wrap physical tasks inside of for loops or add a try/catch-s to extreme activities like skydiving? If you-re up to working with a rockstar team of hackers and love to be on creative projects, Foundstone is for you!
As part of Foundstone-s Research team, you-ll be working with our security consultants to develop internal and publically available tools. You-ll need to be self-motivated and have the ability to follow projects through to completion. In some cases you-ll be making improvements to our existing tools, while other projects will have you creating new tools from design documents. These tools may be written in a variety of languages, depending on their function, so it-s important that you have a solid understanding of application development in C++, Java and .NET as well as object-oriented design. If you live to be creative and love the idea of independently working on small projects with a really talented group of individuals, this is your dream job!
- Work on 1 to 2 week research-oriented projects designing and developing small security related applications
- Improve and contribute to existing .NET applications
- Over time, aid in delivering software security related projects to customers
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Working knowledge and experience of object-oriented design and development specifically in:
- Java (Android Development a Plus)
- B.S., M.S, or PH. D. in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects
- Previous experience working in, or interest in, software security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desired skills
- Experience in GUI design
- Ability to learn other programming languages such as Objective-C, PHP, and Rails.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: Professional Services
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 880787
Department: Professional Services