Please note this is a Full-time Permanent Position.
Responsible for the design, coding, unit testing and documentation of software components.
- Participates in code inspections and technical reviews.
- Collaborates with other project team members in assessing the scope and duration of tasks. Responsible for adhering to project schedules for assigned tasks.
- Develops and applies innovative design solutions. Conceives, develops, and implements feasibility studies. Adapts technology concepts into practical applications. Works proactively with staff of other functional groups to achieve desired integrated design goals. Initiates third party contacts and works with them to achieve project goals. Regularly involved in key technical decisions affecting product systems or subsystems within software development. Demonstrates advanced capability to use software design tools for system, subsystem and component design. Implements assigned tasks per project schedule.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Provides management with review opportunities at key points and upon completion.
- Ensures quality conduct of projects, including design, data summary and interpretation, report and manuscript preparation and review adherence to applicable regulations.
- Provides recommendations and results further the achievement of goals critical to organizational objectives.
- Implements and communicates the strategic and technical direction for the product/project team.
- Identifies any issues that may delay product or project and recommends appropriate action to be taken
- Works as a consultant to the departmental organization. Coordinates the introduction of new methods, tools, technologies and processes within the group. Participates in the technical coaching and review and evaluation of less senior technical staff. Participates in department meetings.
- Participates in the establishment of the technical direction for software products or product families. Anticipates software technological developments that impact the products or processes of the Division. Coordinates innovation efforts and the introduction of methods, tools, technologies, and processes.
- Contributes to the advancement of process capability for software development. Understands how job affects product and process quality. Understands the Quality Policy. Knows and follows applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Desk Procedures, and knows where they are located. Participate in brainstorming sessions for process improvements, identifies specific improvement options. Writes/revises Desk Procedures, leads review teams, reviews and approves changes. Releases procedure for general use.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Ability to work in an Agile software development environment.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3- 5 years experience in software development engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Object Oriented Design
- Minimum of 2 years of C#/.NET experience.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering and science discipline.
- Experience developing User Interfaces in WPF highly desired.
- Experience leading small software development teams.
- Prior experience in a regulated environment.
- Previous experience working on software for Flow Cytometers or other related medical devices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective goal setting skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, specifically applied to solving problems and generating new ideas.
- Effective with ambiguous situations and frequent change.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Effective meeting and presentation skills.
For consideration please include Dice # 164.