New World Systems is seeking energetic, entry-level Software Developers who have a strong understanding of object oriented programming and a passion for software development to join our Aegis Public Safety and Logos Public Administration teams.
Aegis Public Safety encompasses our computer-aided dispatch (CAD), mobile, inspections, and field reporting as well as the back office records management systems. This mission-critical product for police and fire departments is used to effectively dispatch first responders and increase officer safety in the field.
Logos Public Administration includes our financial management, HR/payroll, utility management, community development and business analytics products. This solution is used to run the day-to-day operations of city and county governments and increase efficiency in serving their communities.
- Gain real-world design and development experience using Microsoft .NET technologies through participation in our team-oriented SCRUM Agile development process
- Work with our Software Architects, Solution Architects, Development Managers and other Developers to enhance and expand our mission-critical software products
- Ensure ongoing success of development projects by designing high-quality technical solutions
- Participate in all aspects of solution development including analysis, development/coding, testing, documentation and support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related Technical field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge and understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Passion for technology and software development
- Strong communication skills, especially around technical team interaction
- Relevant internship experience in a software development role
- Experience with Microsoft technology stack including C#, .NET framework, VB.NET, ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, SQL Server and/or Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Ability to understand and utilize the SCRUM Agile development methodology