New World Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer with a solid track record of success for our Aegis Public Safety solution. This role is primarily responsible for the installation of server hardware and software. Installation responsibilities include physical servers, SANs, operating systems, virtual technology, database servers and proprietary New World Systems software. These activities can be executed remotely or on-site depending on the assigned task. In addition to installation responsibilities, the Systems Engineer will also answer calls and questions regarding planning, deployment and troubleshooting regarding New World Systems server deployments at Customer locations.
Aegis Public Safety encompasses our police and fire computer-aided dispatch (CAD), mobile units, inspections, and field reporting as well as the supporting back office police, fire, and corrections records. This essential product line for police and fire departments across the United States is used to effectively dispatch units and make them more efficient in their daily job functions.
- Following the New World practice and approach to the installation of software and hardware components.
- Answering customer and employee calls/emails regarding software configuration and server setup.
- Troubleshooting deployment issues to determine problem resolution.
- Assist in meeting team quota for revenue by completing billable installations or activity. On-site work is required.
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks for acceptance of software.
- Taking ownership of customer reported issues and seeing them to closure.
- Create communications material for planning and recapping installation/configuration activity.
- Bachelors Degree in Technical Studies or relevant business area.
- Experience with hardware installation and configuration.
- Experience with server operating system installation and configuration.
- Previous experience with a software company and/or public safety agency.
- Ability to travel an average of 75% as required.
- Experience installing configuring and supporting virtual server technology (VMware and/or Hyper-V)
- Experience with Dell servers and EqualLogic SANs
- Experience with HP LeftHand SANs
- Experience with installation and configuration of RS/6000
- Experience with installation and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server