As a recognized applications expert, leads analysis, design, evaluation, configuration, testing and implementation of complex application systems. Working with a variety of individuals at all levels of the business, builds and maintains close relationships to identify and understand complex business requirements. Project manages a wide range of resources including developers, system administrators, contractors, other analysts and business participants in the delivery of applications services. Possesses expert level functionality and configuration skills in one or more enterprise application packages (e.g. Oracle eBusiness Suite, Agile PLM, Hyperion, SharePoint) and is well accomplished in business intelligence analytical applications. Uses highly functioning technical skills and knowledge of application systems to evaluate, specify and design highly complex application deliverables and architectures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recognized in the organization as an expert level resource connecting the business units, technology teams and support teams for delivery of business application services.
• Proactively communicates and collaborates with the functional business groups to develop detailed understanding of complex application, technology and business process needs and opportunities.
• Leads business teams in the elicitation of requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Independently identifies strategic opportunities to advance business processes and practices through the proactive application of information technology solutions.
• Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Develops requirements specification and solution designs. Facilitates validation of requirements and designs with business and technical staff. Assists in the development of strategic plans.
• Develops project proposals and implementation plans for IT management review. Conducts presentation of proposals to functional management. Facilitates communications with business team and stakeholders through all phases of this process.
• Performs project manager role in small to larger size projects.
• Manages, sets priorities of, and successfully completes multiple projects and support issues concurrently with little or no supervision of the work group manager.
• Provides responsive customer support and coordinates resolution of application systems support issues.
• Evaluates and facilitates prioritization of user requests for enhancements and/or upgrades of business systems. Maintains active communications with business users and stakeholders to manage expectations regarding changes to the system and the introduction of new and enhanced functionality.
• Evaluates and identifies solutions to technical issues with application systems. Evaluates supplier patches and develops data fixes as needed.
• Plans and conducts system testing and provides guidance to users on testing process to facilitate business validation and acceptance of application systems.
• delivery of services by coordinating a range of resources from business team, IT colleagues and suppliers or contractors in the delivery of application services.
• Creates and maintains consistent and thorough documentation of all requirements, designs, test plans, technical changes and procedures.
• Maintains comprehensive knowledge of multiple major application systems including capabilities, configuration, technical architecture and product roadmap. Designs and conducts configuration of major packaged and custom business application systems. Performs some development activities and report writing.
• Keeps current on new technologies and methodologies to maintain current skills by reading literature, attending conferences and seminars, taking classes, and participating in technical societies, as appropriate.
• Evaluates software suppliers and technologies through development of frameworks for qualitative and quantitative assessments that deliver substantiated recommendations for purchase and implementation.
• Assists in development of operational support procedures. Collaborates with administrators to identify and design monitoring requirements and techniques.
• Has ownership for aspects of overall IT architecture design, technical and process standards and methodology development.
• Participates in development and leads in compliance with all corporate and department policies, processes and controls.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
DATA PRODUCTS POSITION SPECIFIC
• Requires good understanding of LAN/VLAN connectivity issues related to the design and support of high speed data networks, fail-over data recovery, data storage, virtualization, and data protection environments
• Proven ability to develop advanced data-server architectures from defining requirements, execution of proof of concept, and design validation to commercial release is required
• Strong system level design experience at both HW and SW level is required to ensure overall hardware architecture design is robust and clear performance requirements are established to meet balance CPU and network loading and data storage performance while mitigating long-term risk to support data product roadmap technical investments
• Expertise to review and comprehend data hardware network design and provide guidance on design enhancements to support data streaming and other metrology-based data polling requirements as needed
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
• Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
• Minimum 8 years working in a business analyst role supporting functional and technical aspects of major enterprise business systems package (i.e. Oracle eBusiness Suite, Agile PLM, Hyperion, Siebel, SAP) or data warehousing and business intelligence applications. Proficient understanding of the functional capabilities and technical skills in one or more of these applications is required.
• Minimum 6 years experience managing medium to larger projects.
• Extensive knowledge and/or experience in multiple functional business areas such as manufacturing, finance, human resources, field service or sales and marketing.
• Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of planning, analysis and testing techniques required to support an enterprise business system.
• Proficiency with SQL is required. Experience with business intelligence tools including Business Objects, ETL, and OLAP technologies is preferred. Previous experience developing applications in a structured programming language such as PL/SQL or C# is preferred.
• Solid experience with UML or other structured modeling techniques.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. Must excel in a consultative role in directly facilitating and leading business customer interactions and effectively communicating technical information to non-technical business stakeholders and end users.
• Prior experience in participating and leading cross-functional project teams environment. Ability to lead planning, organization and managing of project teams using a structured delivery methodology.
• Experienced in developing software development lifecycle methodologies and building IT process within framework standards including ITIL.
• Experienced with processes to achieve SOX compliance.
Possesses very strong skills acquired through advanced training, study and experience. Often knowledge is “self taught” as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. Typically has advanced degree (Master's, PhD). Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience is required.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.