Job Title: Technical Writer
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating a broad range of written deliverables in support of enterprise-class commercial software, including but not limited to User Guides, On-line Help, Administrator Manuals and the like. Additionally, the Technical Writer is also responsible for developing an integrated documentation process for end-user training that could include print, online, and asynchronous training materials.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Update and maintain online help aligned with industry standards for formatting and ease of use. This will require studying and translating the Functional Specification for all features being developed in our products.
- Develop printed material that leverages existing online help material. This may include end user reference manuals or training guides.
- Develop an integrated documentation process for end-user training that could include print, online, and asynchronous training materials.
- Develop project plans to map out effective product documentation to coincide with product release schedules.
- Work with the product development team to write new product training supplements and announcements of new product features.
- Assist in writing Marketing material to promote and sell our software.
- Other assigned responsibilities as required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer with prior demonstrated experience in creating a broad range of written deliverables in support of enterprise-class commercial software, including but not limited to User Guides, On-line Help, Administrator Manuals and the like.
Education and / or Experience
- Minimum of 2 years technical writing experience (Must be able to show work samples)
- Solid knowledge of the documentation process from design to commercial release
- Experience with implementing and maintaining On-Line Help systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent creative and technical writing, editing and coordination skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of leading documentation tools and documentation delivery options, with experience in preparing online and print documentation for users of software products
- Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Word
- MS Front Page, MS Outlook, MS Paint, MS Project
- Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Page Maker, Adobe Photoshop
- Ado.net, Asp.Net, C++, C#, HTML, JAVA, Ado.net, Asp.Net, and VB.
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Documentation standards
Desired but not required:
- Familiarity with Frame maker software and basic HTML
- Skills with various graphics software (Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Previous experience with writing online help and documentation for Health Care Software Products
The applicant should possess exceptional English written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
The applicant should be able to analyze and interpret data relating to various projects and resolve issues and problems that arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will be conducted in a standard office environment. Temperatures are regulated by facilities management and are not within the control of the individual. Most work is conducted in an open-cubicle area with associated distractions. Business professional attire is required when interacting with clients/potential clients/vendors, etc.
Established in 1989, Atlas Development Corporation is a rapidly growing best-of-breed solutions provider to some of the most recognized names in healthcare. Atlas Medical connects doctors to leading national and regional laboratories for diagnostic test ordering and results reporting, and Atlas Public Health provides mission critical bio-terrorism and infectious disease surveillance systems to state and local governments. We are the best at what we do. Our web-based, database-driven applications utilize the latest software technology. We are currently seeking talented individuals to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Atlas Development Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary history and requirements to:
Click apply now.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT SALARY HISTORY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NO PHONE CALLS/RECRUITER CALLS PLEASE!