Do you have great ideas about how to make easy to use user interfaces that look beautiful? Do you like the challenge of applying these ideas towards visualizing vasts amount of analytical data, anomalies, and network patterns (to name a few) based on critically important security information? Would you like to join a team of enthusiastic individuals that challenge and respect each other? NetIQ is looking for a full-time Software Engineer with experience in web user interfaces who is passionate about designing and developing next generation user-facing web applications for the desktop and the mobile user.
- Work with product designers and software engineers to design and implement the next generation of enterprise class products.
- Develop easy to use, aesthetically pleasing, multi-functional, dynamic, content oriented user interfaces for world class products.
- Ensuring that the interface is easy to use and accessible to all groups including those with disabilities.
- Ability to integrate the UI with middleware where appropriate
- Interact with team members in multiple geographies.
- Identify and communicate best practices for web user interface engineering
- Participate in design and code reviews
- 7+ years of experience in user interface development working for a product company
- Expert knowledge in web technologies (JS/CSS/HTML)
- Strong framework knowledge - JQuery (Must), GWT (Desired), D3 (Desired), Dojo (Desired)
- Extremely detailed oriented. Strives for pixel perfect implementation on all user clients.
- Passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces
- Strong performance debugging and troubleshooting skills - Both server side and client side
- Ability to create mockups and rapid prototypes
- Strong communication skills - ability to work in a cross-geography team
- Ability to gather requirements from all stakeholders, formulate user stories, and be capable in discerning targeted user needs.
- Knowledge of Hibernate, Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP), and Design Patterns will be an advantage