In this role, you will be responsible for the development of applications required to provide a service to the business. This includes managing the conflicting demands of project work, and business as usual fixes, enhancements and upgrades. You will also be responsible for managing the application development & support team by building a team structure that can adapt to changing business demand, translating software requirements into workable programming code in accordance with programming standards, maintaining software requirements into workable programming code in accordance with programming standards, documenting software development, maintaining and sharing guide-lines and development standards, organizing quality assurance process and follow-up , as well as handling audit-related questions and requests.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Manage the Development team
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of custom applications as well as the customization of products from software vendors.
- Write software code to implement requirements.
- Provision of consultation and recommendation on projects and business requirements, working in association with Service Architecture and project management teams
- Provision of 3rd level support as and when required in collaboration with Functional Solution Specialist team
- Unit test software written by self / other developers
- Ensure that software written and tested complies with software guidelines.
- Ensure applications are sufficiently unit tested prior to handover.
- Guarantee all work is compliant with internal and external audit requirements and complies with financial legislative requirements (e.g. statutory, reporting, tax etc)
- Create / update / control necessary documentation as directed by the methodology in place (maintainability, audit compliance)
- Analyse existing software and determine how best to implement defect fixes and enhancements
- Manage the maintenance and development to support the ongoing needs of the business; deliver services based on defined KPIs and SLAs for both in house and outsourced services.
- Accurately report activities and status to the project manager / PeopleSoft platform owner (status reports, dashboards, etc).
- Establish and maintain an understanding of existing application code, development practices and solutions currently maintained by the development team.
- Establish and propose career development plans, training for direct reports and provide appropriate mentoring and coaching in line with HR principles.
- Conduct timely annual and interim performance reviews and set objectives to cultivate a culture of high performance. Ensure that the team develops requisite level of customer and technical knowledge to effectively manage relations with internal customers
- Define code configuration and code to be written
- Define, describe and execute unit test cases
Education and certifications/training:
- PeopleSoft development (in Finances and HR contexts)
- ITIL 3 certification
- University degree, preferably in a technical subject or any comparable education
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
Professional & Leadership experience:
- Proven experience in the role of PeopleSoft Financials solution or business analyst
- Experience in PeopleSoft development tools (Application Designer, SQR, Crystal, SQL, etc)
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Proven experience of managing a developers team (medium size)
- Good writing and communication skills
- Experience with testing methodology
- Delivering within an Application Development lifecycle, including testing and early life support
- Project methods, planning and reporting, applying risk and change management techniques
- Managing successful delivery, whilst working in a stressful environment to tight deadlines and budget
- Developing, leading and supporting a Development team.
- Writing procedural documentation
- Fluent French and English
CV et letter motivation letter in English
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.