The Software Development Engineer in Test is a Software Engineer who is focused on quality. We need a developer that will help us write testable code, and that can understand requirements and turn them into automated tests in an Agile environment. This position will be working on our flagship application.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create a unit testing solution and unit tests against platform application code. Most code will be written in C++.
- Create a BDD testing solution and BDD tests against platform application
- Provide guidance to the rest of the team on designing for testability
- Proficient with C++ (strongly preferred) OR
- Familiarity with C++ and can demonstrate expertise with C# or Java
- Experience writing unit, acceptance and automated tests using nUnit, Fit or similar.
Preferable but not required:
- .NET programming with C#
- Win32/MFC/COM programming
- Some basic Trading, Technical Analysis and back-testing knowledge
- Experience with TFS testing tools
- Agile Development (Scrum)
- Test Driven Development
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a passion for analysis and testing
- Strong technical skills and raw intellectual ability
- Ability to turn requirements into tests
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to adapt and learn
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Developer or Developer in Test (SDET)
Direct hires only.