Business Intelligence Developer
Our Portland office is seeking a Business Intelligence developer who will be responsible for designing and developing data loading processes from multiple application systems into our client’s data warehouse.
- Architecting BI solutions including modeling both operational and star schema metadata, dimensional modeling for OLAP-style querying, and optimizing/fine-tuning models for performance.
- Providing high level technical services in the development of the data architecture in very large or advanced systems development projects, including systems analysis, design, program development and implementation of integrated systems solutions for computer applications.
- Consulting with client groups to determine Business Intelligence strategy, solution delivery, service requirements and systems analysis.
- Developing plans, estimates and methodology, as well as procedures for Business Intelligence solution development or integration projects.
- Ensuring integration with existing enterprise architecture or help facilitate implementing an enterprise architecture (TOGAF, Zachman).
- Providing leadership to a team of information technology professionals in very large complex projects or several smaller projects involving data analysis and programming.
- Leveraging best practices, methodologies, trends, tools and technologies for use in client projects.
- Participating in speaking engagements and education sessions with clients to help ensure successful development in the Performance Management business domain.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing architectures, core concepts, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, standards, and best practices.
- Proven history building analytic solutions using SSAS. Ability to write complex MDX statements, create use hierarchies and work with partners to deliver a rich analytical environment.
- Firm understanding of data warehouse and cube maintenance, deployment, and processing techniques.
- Ability to interact with clients and business users and analyze complex business requirements.
- Ability to adapt to various business domains and quickly understand source system databases.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain and demonstrate complex data warehousing and analytical concepts to non-technical partners.
- Experience with data visualization techniques, including SharePoint, PerformancePoint, Excel Services, PowerPivot, and PowerView.
- Firm understanding of dimensional and tabular model concepts.
- Experience with Kimball and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with BI Semantic Model tools.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, or a related discipline or Completion of a college program in computer science.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.