Rackspace is growing!!! We are actively recruiting for all levels of Linux Admins/Engineers to join our team in San Antonio, Austin, or remote. We are also growing our Latin American support team in Austin or San Antonio so if you are bi-lingual, please contact me. Please share the attached job description with anyone who might be interested and qualified.
As a Linux System Administrator, you are a Linux junkie that takes on the most intense aspects of solving problems in unique ways for our cloud-based customers. We need you because your talent, hard work and dedication will allow us to reach the next level. You’ll be empowered to work through customer issues by applying your own creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of the problems; as well as keeping the customer aware of every step along the way. You won’t find any scripts here that you have to follow.
In this role you will:
- Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud computing space
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services for customers such as RHEL, Apache, MySQL, FTP, SSH and DNS
- Collaborate with fellow system administrators and support team members on technical issues
- Fundamental knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software
- Scripting experience Bash, Shell, Python, PHP, or Ruby
- Databases preferred MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, NoSQL, or Postgres
- Web Server experience with Apache, Nginx, HTTPD, or Tomcat
- Excellent problem solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
Nice to Haves:
- Technical certifications (i.e., Red Hat, UCP, CompTIA, MySQL)
- Virtualization experience with Xen, KVM, vSphere, or HyperV
- Experience working in the cloud computing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Provide Fanatical Support to customers via the telephone, chat and ticketing systems each and every day in SPANISH and/or PORTUGUESE
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 3,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.